Important Information About Provider Tax Forms

December 30, 2014 at 6:27 pm

The Office of the Comptroller will be mailing by January 31, 2015, 1099 Miscellaneous Forms to all non-corporation providers earning $600.00 or more in calendar year 2014. These forms are used by the providers to report the income they received in 2014 on their taxes.  If a provider does not receive a 1099 Miscellaneous Form by February 9th 2015, they need to write to the Office of the Comptroller.  They must clearly indicate that they “Need a 1099 Form.”  The provider should be sure to include their name, address, Social Security Number, and phone number with area code.  They also must sign and date the note and mail or fax to The Office of the Comptroller. If mailing, mail to: 
Office of the Comptroller
Attn: Vendor Unit (1099 Request)
325 W Adams
Springfield, IL 62704
If faxing the information, fax to (217) 785-7212, attention: Vendor Unit (1099 Request)
** If a provider has changed their address since receiving their last payment from the Office of the Comptroller, they should not wait until February 9th to inform the Office of the Comptroller of the change. The provider should mail a letter with the above mentioned information, to the Office of the Comptroller, as soon as possible. 
Providers receive a 1099 instead of a W-2 form because they are considered self-employed. The providers are not employees of the State of Illinois, Department of Human Services, or CCR&R.  However, the income earned as a child care provider is earned income, and should be reported as income on the provider’s tax forms.  The income amount listed on the 1099 is the gross income to the provider in 2014. Gross income includes the amount of the payment plus any union dues they may have had deducted.       

Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Child Care Assistance Program Future in Jeopardy Child Care Payment Update- January 6th 2015


%d bloggers like this: